How Duration Premium Cool shingles work.
Duration Premium Cool shingles utilize a new, highly reflective granule technology that allows them to reflect the sun’s heat, thereby reducing the heat transferred into the structure below. Cool roofs reduce energy by using shingles with solar-reflecting granules that keep roofs cooler than conventional shingles. Cool Roofs result in lower carbon dioxide emissions and help reduce the urban and suburban heat island effect which in turn, reduces smog.
These shingles result in lower carbon dioxide emissions because they reflect the sun’s rays resulting in a lower demand on your air conditioner. Less energy to cool a home means less energy consumption, decreasing CO2.This combined resolution would have an additional effect on a general areas heat island as well. A heat island is normally an urban or metropolitan area that is significantly warmer than its surrounding areas due to human activity. Although they can generally not be avoided, they can be reduced which is an indication that an area is becoming more energy efficient.
Owens Corning Duration Premium Cool Shingles are your cool roof solution.
Cool Shingles are unique in color and have highly reflective granules. These granules bounce back the sun’s rays, helping result in:
- Cooler roof temperatures
- Less wear and tear on air conditioning systems
- More energy savings
- Lower carbon dioxide emissions
- Reduced heat island effect and smog
Saving energy has never looked – or felt – better.
Utilizing a new, highly reflective granule technology that bounces back the sun’s rays, Duration Premium Cool Shingles help keep roofs cooler, resulting in a more comfortable living space below. In addition, Duration Premium Cool shingles:
- Help lower energy bills by keeping the roof cooler – which also reduces wear and tear on the air conditioning system
- Can reduce environmental impact – less energy needed to cool a home means less energy consumption, decreasing CO2 emissions
- Help extend the life of the roof – thanks to solar reflecting granules that reduce shingles temperature which subsequently slows asphalt aging
- Coordinate with color-matched Owens Corning Hip & Ridge shingles for a finished look
- Are rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)